For Harnwellians, the following rooms are available for reservation through our House website/calendar:
- M-10 Classroom [capacity: 40]
- M-21 A Cappella Anteroom [capacity: 15]
- Dance Gallery
- Small study room 103 [capacity: 8]
- Large study room 102 [capacity 20]
- M-40 Large Music Practice Room [capacity 18]
- M-41 Small Music Practice Room [capacity 8]
The Rooftop Lounge is closed for reservations for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Room Use Guidelines:
- Rooms are available for reservation between the hours of 7:00AM to 11:00PM, Monday through Sunday, for all Harnwellians.
- No room reservation after 11:00PM will be approved.
- Dry erase boards must be cleaned after use.
- Trash and recycling must be removed from furniture (tables, chairs, etc.) and floors and placed in appropriate receptacles by the end of the reservation.
- All personal items should be removed from the room at the end of the reservation.
- Furniture must be returned to its original location within the room.
- Keys for pianos in music rooms must be checked out from the Info Center.
Reservations can be requested for up to 2 hours in duration.
Please allow for 3 business days for room reservation approval/decline.
Last minute reservations will not be approved.
Keep a digital copy of your room reservation confirmation email.
Failure to comply with Harnwell’s space guidelines will result in the restricted use of our spaces by the individual who reserved the space and/or their group. Room request submission confirms agreement to these expectations.
For Recurring/Repeating Group Reservations:
Every year, Harnwell College House welcomes performing arts groups, clubs, and organizations into its practice spaces. Having access to the Harnwell practice spaces helps performing arts groups prepare for performances and develop their technique and artistry. It is for that reason, Harnwell asks for performing arts groups to give back to Harnwell.
For repeated use of the Harnwell spaces, performing arts groups must do one of the following:
- Host a workshop for Harnwell residents
- Provide 12 free tickets to their show to Harnwell residents
- Host a pop-up performance for Harnwell residents
- Participate in the Harnwell Arts House Showcase [Spring, 2024]
Groups must communicate to HD Megan Jimmerson (firstname.lastname@example.org) and "cc" Laura (email@example.com) which option they will opt to do by 11:59 pm on Thursday, October 12th, 2023 – the first day of fall break. If a group does not comply with this requirement, they may (1) lose access to Harnwell space in the following semesters and/or (2) face a reduction in the number of rehearsal hours they receive in the following semester. In addition, the group will be asked to complete their act of service to Harnwell the following semester.
A note on access:
All Penn students who live in the College Houses already have turnstile access to Harnwell. These folks will not need to be signed into Harnwell/listed on a Special Access Letter (SAL). The House Office works with RHS and the Harnwell Information Center to generate these SALs for you. Any Penn student (or PennCard holder) who does not have turnstile access (grad students, off-campus undergrads, faculty), will need to be listed on a Special Access Letter (name and Penn ID#). Anyone without a PennID or SAL Access will need to be signed into Harnwell by a point person listed on the SAL.
We ask that 3-4 “point people” from each group (folks who will be at most practices) be included on their group’s SAL. “Point People” listed on the SAL (designated by bold font) will be able to request room access for their reservation, sign in guests, and escort guests in and out of Harnwell during the reservation time. The Information Center workers will be looking to the SAL when granting access/signing in guests (if the person signing in a guest is not a Harnwellian).